The guide shares details about the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam Facebook circulating online.
The latest viral social media message is circulating claiming to provide free gifts to Amazon users as a part of Amazon’s 27th Anniversary. The message features a suspicious link that redirects the users to third-party website which is not associated with Amazon. Users in Canada and the United States are now concerned to know if it is a scam or legit.
Amazon was indeed founded in 1994, and it has completed successful 27 years as an ecommerce giant. But, there is no official confirmation about 27th Anniversary Celebration. So, the users must not get attracted to the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam Facebook.
What is the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam?
Amazon is a reputed ecommerce giant serving worldwide consumers. Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos back on 5th July 1994, and it has completed a successful 27 years in the niche, serving its valued customers.
Now scammers and fraudsters are using social media platforms like Facebook to spread rumors and scam innocent customers. Scammers are circulating viral messages claiming to offer free gifts as a part of the 27th-anniversary celebration to those consumers who follow the link and share their details.
It is a scam because there is no such official claim from Amazon about the 27th Anniversary celebration.
A Few Highlights of Amazon 27 Anniversary Scam
Amazon has completed 27 years in the ecommerce niche, and scammers are now taking advantage of this and circulating fake news and viral messages on social media, Facebook. They claim that Amazon offers free gifts to all Amazon consumers as a part of the 27th-anniversary celebration.
- Over millions of interactions have been recorded on the social media page about the anniversary celebration.
- The website has been spreading rumors and fake news for past many months. It has an association with Amazon.com.
- The message delivered comprises a link that resembles the Amazon 27th Anniversary Celebration website. Users easily get trapped because of this.
- Consumers are asked to click the link to claim their rewards, such as mobile phones and more, and they need to take a survey before claiming their rewards.
- The survey has questions like gender, age, quality of Amazon services, the phone users are using, and other personal details.
- After completing the survey, users must forward the message to five groups of twenty friends to claim their rewards.
How to Avoid Such Scams?
Certain steps can help you avoid the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam Facebook.
- Check the URL of the website before clicking and following the links. You have to see if the URL is correct and associated with Amazon or not.
- If the message comprises a survey asking you the personal details, it must be avoided as Amazon never conducts a survey to extract users’ details. Plus, they don’t ask consumers to forward or share messages for claiming free gifts.
It is extremely important to equip yourself with tips on how to protect yourself from an online scam.
Amazon has completed 27 years in the ecommerce niche, and it is true, but there are no official confirmations about the 27th Anniversary celebration. So, the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam Facebook must be avoided, and consumers must not follow any links.
If you find any such suspicious activity on social media, report it to Amazon or Federal Trade Commission.
Did you about the Amazon 27th Anniversary Scam on social media? Please, share how you reported the scam in the comment section.
Also Read : – Maruti Suzuki 40th Anniversary Scam (Aug) Stay Safe!