How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been (May) Answered! >> This article gives you all the crucial details about the stimulus checks that the government sent to people.
The pandemic proved to be a painful and tough period in everyone’s lives. People lost their jobs, economies crumbled, among other things. However, the US government provided some relief to its tax-paying citizens in the form of Stimulus Checks. We will provide the answer to your query, How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been, in extensive detail.
Keep up to get all the crucial details about stimulus checks and other relevant information. This term is gaining popularity mainly in the concerned country, the United States.
Table of Contents
What are Stimulus Checks?
In March 2020, former President Donald Trump signed the Cares ACT, under which stimulus checks were sent to people as relief packages.
It was a multi-trillion-dollar package aimed to help people during these enduring times. President Biden also further continued sending these checks when he took the position. Let’s look at some more details about it below.
How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been?
There have been three stimulus checks so far, with heavy speculations about a fourth one.
The First Stimulus Checks
- Under the Cares ACT, the first round of stimulus checks was sent in the United States. Adults received upto $1200 while those under 16 years of age received upto $500.
- These checks were sent to people who were earning less than $75,000 annually.
- The checks were sent mostly directly to the bank account or through the mail, in some cases.
The Second Round of Stimulus Checks
- It lasted from December 2020 to January 2021.
- How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been? Three in total, as of now.
- The total cost of these checks was said to be around $900 billion.
- It offered a check upto $600 to eligible candidates. In addition, householders could get an additional $600 if they had children below 16 years of age.
- The payments were done through direct deposits, mail, and EIP Cards.
- Sources reveal that they were sent between the last few days of December and up to January.
The Third Round of Stimulus Checks
- These were issued by the new President, Joe Biden, per his American Rescue Plan.
- The package was estimated to be at $1.9 trillion.
- How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been? The third check is the last one, as of writing this article.
- The eligible candidates received upto $1400, and families with dependents could claim more.
- All these checks were sent between March and April. More Information can be gathered here.
Speculations about a Fourth Round
- There hasn’t been any official announcement about the fourth round of stimulus checks.
- The topic remains speculation but is quite popular.
- Some senators have supported the fourth stimulus checks.
The stimulus checks offered relief to people to some extent during the tough and challenging times of the Coronavirus. How Many Stimulus Checks Have There Been? Three, but there are also some speculations about a fourth one.
Also Read : – Presence Checks That Can Be Shouted Out (Feb) Know It