WordPress is a good platform for running an e-commerce website because it offers various plugins that help you create a sleek and professional-looking site. One of the most popular plugins is WooCommerce. It is designed to help you sell products online by integrating with your WordPress website.
In addition, WP offers a range of features to help you run an online store. It has a user-friendly interface, is easy to use, and has built-in security features. Besides, WordPress has an active community, which means that you can find help if you need it.
Equally important, the CMS makes it easy for non-developers to customize a website’s look and feel without coding it from scratch. This is the merit of ready-made templates, which are enough to install on the platform, and you’ll change the design immediately. In this case, these are WooCommerce themes designed to modify the online storefront.
Thus, WordPress has a significant advantage in addition to user-friendly functionality, such as pre-made templates easily installable through the admin panel.
Thus, in addition to user-friendly functionality, WordPress has such a significant advantage, as pre-made templates that are easily installable through the admin panel.
Table of Contents
How to Choose a WooCommerce Theme for Your Website
Choosing a WooCommerce template for your website is not an easy task. There are many factors that you need to consider before you make the purchase:
- Support for WooCommerce. This is the first factor to consider if you finally decide to build a site with a combination of WordPress + WooCommerce.
- Design. You don’t want to purchase a theme that looks outdated or mediocre. Hence, it is crucial to consider the design you want for your website, whether modern and sleek or vintage and charming.
- Extensions that come with. It is better to check a template for additional plugins/extensions. It will help you save on development and maintenance costs.
- Compatibility with your business goals and marketing strategy. Choose a template that appeals to your target audience. It will help you avoid wasteful marketing efforts.
- Feature-rich. Customers expect more features for the price they pay, so you must get a theme with many features and options to customize.
- Technical support. You want your theme to have a good support system so that you can count on experts if there are tech issues with your template or add-ons it comes with.
So to summarize, here are a few questions to ask yourself before you buy:
- Are the templates good at providing all the necessary features you need?
- How easy is it to customize?
- Are there any built-in features, or will you have to do a lot of work to make changes?
- How much does it cost?
Free vs. Paid
Generally speaking, the more expensive a template is the better quality design and support it should provide. In most cases, this is the case.
Why use free templates? Numerous customers download free themes to learn about the features of premium designs. This is a good opportunity to test the interface and usability and then buy a premium version calmly. The disadvantage of freebies is the lack of a commercial license and some features (e.g., future updates, support, documentation, contact form, etc.).
On the other hand, many companies provide very expensive templates for considerable fees. Thus, there are no criteria for determining whether a company offers good or bad value for money. But in general, if the prices of their templates are significantly lower than what is available in the same marketplace, they are likely to produce a poorer quality design with less support than their counterparts.
The Best Ways to Save Money on WooCommerce WordPress Themes
We need to take one marketplace as an example to give accurate advice. Let it be TemplateMonster, the market leader in digital products. The company offers two popular options to save money on purchases: a subscription and a discount code.
The MonsterONE membership allows you to download as many products as possible (within a subscription plan) to create unlimited projects. It also offers a term-free license as long as a plan is active.
There are three plans: Creative, All-in-One, and Lifetime. All of them include one year of general assistance and product support.
- Creative offers access to graphics, presentations, video, audio, and 3D models (190,000 products total).
- In addition to the above, All-in-One provides free downloads of website templates and plugins, which already number over 200,000 products.
- If you choose the Lifetime plan, you get the same as the All-in-One offers + a lifetime product license and lifetime access. The advantages are obvious — you don’t have to worry about renewing your membership every year.
Thus, this option is beneficial to loyal customers. They just need to pay for a subscription and download items for free in any quantity.
If this is your first time buying from the site, or you plan to download templates, then using a promo code is rarely the most suitable option. For example, you can save 7% on your next WordPress theme purchase by sharing a link to the appropriate template category. Then you should copy the code that appears and paste it at your next checkout.
The Importance of Choosing a WooCommerce Template That Suits Your Business Needs
Choosing the right WooCommerce theme for your business is important because it will hugely impact your store’s success. A template is much more than just a cover. It should cater to your needs and help you achieve your marketing goals.
A good design will help you customize the look and feel of your store, set up e-commerce features, and make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for. Hence, a theme that doesn’t allow you to do these things is not the best choice since it will be harder to grow your store in the future.
We hope this article helped you better understand the importance of WooCommerce themes and helped you find the right one that is perfect for your shop. Good luck!