Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021 (April) When Can You File? >> This article will tell you why and when the new tax due date is finalized. Please read here to know more.
Are you a responsible citizen of your country? Do you file your Income Tax Return timely and regularly? Do you know that the tax deadline has been extended in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin is located in the United States, where an announcement regarding filing the Income Tax Return has been made recently. So, if you are unfamiliar with the extension of the Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021, then no need to worry; we will tell you about everything.
Does the Tax Filing Deadline Extended?
Yes, the tax filing due date has been extended in Wisconsin. Now it has been decided the returns would be filed on 17th May 2021 instead of 15th April 2021. Now, state and federal individual income taxes will be due on the same date.
However, it would hardly affect the country’s citizens as many of them had already filed their returns. This would also postpone the interest and penalty payments for the individual for the financial year 2020.
What is the Reason behind the Extension of the Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021?
Due to the current situation when the whole world is dealing with such a hard time, the Government must support its citizens emotionally and financially.
That is why the tax deadline has been extended in Wisconsin so that people who had hit worse financially could get some extra time to manage their budget and funds.
We find it a great initiative of the government to support its citizens.
What Reliefs are available due to the Extension of the Tax Deadline?
Following are the few changes that you need to remember and feel relax about due to the new Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021 while you file your return on the new date:
- Individuals are not required to file any extension forms to make themselves eligible for the new due date.
- Neither interest nor penalties will be charged during the mid-period, 15th April to 17th May. Interest and penalties will apply from 18th May 2021.
- No UPI will be charged in case of failure in making quarterly tax payments for the tax year 2020.
- This relief is only available for 2020 Income Tax Returns and payments, solely due for 15th April 2021.
For Whom above Reliefs won’t Apply?
Reliefs mentioned above due to the new Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021 will not be applied in the following cases:
- Individual’s Estimated income tax payment for the year 2021.
- The very first payment due for 15th April 2021,
- Or any other tax payments or returns that are due to the DOR.
Wisconsin law has moved the individual Income Tax Return due date from 15th April 2021 two 17th May 2020. This is done due to matching the federal payment due dates.
The interest and penalties would not be waived for the month and would only be started charging from 18th May. The government has moved the Wisconsin Tax Deadline 2021 to support the financially weaker section during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are your views regarding this step of the government? Please share your remarks in the comment section below.