What To Do If Order Not Delivered?- Get the Information! >> This article gives you the information regarding the steps that you need to follow if your ordered items weren’t delivered by the supplier.
What to do if your Amazon package gets misplaced by the company or didn’t receive on time? Are you aware of the rules made by the Amazon company for the different countries regarding this situation?
You are not aware and your package wasn’t delivered to your address on time, you should give a read to this article. In this article, we will discuss What To Do If Order Not Delivered? Also, we tell you the procedures, followed in different countries. So let’s find out.
What are the steps for non-delivered items?
Nowadays, technology is so advanced that people don’t have to step out of their houses for necessary things. With the help of the internet and the application, you can order different items online, and they will be delivered to your given address.
As this system is made to make the person’s life easier, many people filed complaints regarding the non-delivered items and many other reasons. We will tell you the steps you need to do if you experience this problem. Remember that every policy is different and according to the Country’s branch of the company.
- Contacting the seller
If you have problems related to the products you have placed and want to contact the seller, you can follow these steps. Usually, if you want to contact the seller, you need to dial their number and talk to them. This step is only applicable to the local supplier.
If we are talking about the international supplier or seller who deals in big products and has goodwill in the market, then to contact them you need to follow these steps. Now, if you want to contact any seller with a tie-up with a company like Amazon, here is the procedure.
- You will get the name of the seller from the product’s description.
- Copy the details of the seller and paste them into the ‘Ask the Question’ section.
- Select the reason to contact the seller.
- Then you can talk to the supplier through chat or call.
This method will be the same for all the areas and countries like the US, UK, Australia, Canada and India.
- Sending Legal Notice
If your seller is not ready to pay the refund amount, don’t worry because you can send the legal notice to the seller as per your right. Each country has its right to protect the customers from this kind of situation.
- In the UK, you can send a letter in the name of the Consumer Rights Act of 2015. The link will help you to know more https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/template-letters/letters/problems-with-goods-or-services/letter-to-complain-about-non-delivery-of-goods/
- For the US, there is the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act under which you can send the legal notice to the seller. Here the link can be helpful for you https://www.myinternationalshopping.com/advice/failed-or-late-international-delivery-from-the-usa-what-to-do
- Australia has ACCC to protect the rights of the consumer, and Canada has federal consumer protection legislation. For more details check here https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services
- In India, we have a consumer protection division to support you and protect your basic consumer rights.
- Claiming a refund
After contacting the seller and sending the legal notice, the next step is to claim the refund if the seller cannot deliver the goods. According to the law in the UK, the seller has to give the refund amount in the next 15 days of canceling the order. If the seller cannot do that, you can take this scenario to the legal authorities. Now the claiming period cycle is different in every country like:
- In the UK, the seller has to transfer the amount within 15 days.
- In the US, the refund cycle is of 7 days, and the seller has to return the amount to you.
- In Australia, under the Australian consumer act, the customer only gets the refund when there is a major problem. The seller can give the refund in 30 days.
- In the case of Canada, the seller has to give the refund amount in just 15 days.
- In India, you can contact customer care, and they have to refund the amount right away if the goods aren’t delivered on time.
- Filing a consumer complaint
You can file the complaint to the legal authorities regarding the seller and their bad services. Take all the necessary documents with you and complain to the trading standards, or you can contact the citizen’s Advice consumer helpline.
- If you haven’t received your goods in the UK, you can write the letter to the citizen advice as per the consumer act of 2015.
- In the US, you can go to the official site of consumer complaints and right your problem and let them deal with the seller. Mention all the necessary documents like the receipts, warranties and order confirmation.
- You need to go to the ACCC’s official site, i.e., Australian competition and consumer commission and file your complaint.
- In the case of Canada, you can contact the consumer complaint office and file the complaint.
- In India, according to the consumer protection act, you can file the complaint on the different courts and commissions like District consumer, state consumer and national consumer.
- Payments by debit card
If you have done the payment of the order which isn’t delivered to you through a card, then ask for the refund, and the refund will be credited to your account only. This process will be the same in every country as the payment will be refunded in the form in which it was paid for the first time.
Make sure that you didn’t give enough information regarding your card. Card payments are usually secure by the servers but it’s better to be cautious. If you pay with the debit card for the order that you can placed, then it will get back to you in that form only.
- Payments by Credit Card
The same with the credit card; if you pay your money with the credit card, you can claim section 75 by asking the provider to give you the statements. You can give the copy of the statement to the court or any legal authority and claim for the refund in your bank account.
Sometimes, the site or the seller put some extra charge on the mentioned amount as the tax or extra shipping charge. When you register for the refund, make sure that you mentioned the extra charge implement by the seller.
According to the law, you need to write to the authorities regarding the credit card bill disputes 60 days from receiving the first statement. If you exceed more than 60 days, then the authorities won’t be able to help you.
- Payment using PayPal
If you have paid for your order with the PayPal app, you can take out the transaction history and submit it to the authorities. They will look into it, and then the seller has to refund the amount in your amount in the given period.
These payment processes will be the same for all the countries as you will get the amount the same way you paid for it.
- Reporting Non-Deliveries or Late Items to Trading Standards
When you order something online, and you pay for stuff, it means that you are the owner of the product now, and the seller has to deliver the goods to your place. Now there are many trading standards which is made to deal with these kinds of situation. Every country has its trading standards like:
- UK- charted trading standards institute
- US- better business bureau
- Australia- the competition and consumer act 2010
- Canada- consumer protection Ontario
- India- International Trade Administration
These organizations will help you if you experience non-delivery or late delivery of items after the payment. You can check this link
With the help of the above steps, you will be able to deal with the non-delivered items in different countries. Each country has its procedure of dealing with the problem, so it is better to take the step according and contact the necessary legal body to refund the ordered items. You can check this link for more information on online order and delivery.
Few Online Shopping Tips
Now, if you have experienced the non-delivery of items and late deliveries, then it’s time to learn from your mistakes. Here are some of the online shopping tips that will help you make your experience good and avoid making the same mistake again.
- Always deal with a site with a high trust score and genuine trust score.
- It is always better to know the reputation of the merchant.
- If you think that the site or the merchant’s offer is too good, you should think about it twice before ordering your items.
- Read the terms and conditions of the site before placing the order.
- Always use a secure network to pay for the order.
With the given information regarding What To Do If Order Not Delivered? We can say that the owner should follow the rules and regulations according to the country as the set of laws is different in each country.
With these points, you will be able to claim your refund according to your consumer right and follow the tips to avoid this problem again.
If you have any query regarding the refund procedure or regarding non-delivery items, you can ask us and try to give you the solution. Click here If you want to know some online shopping tips.