UK Census 2021 Questions (March) Find The Details Inside

UK Census 2021 Questions 2021

UK Census 2021 Questions (March) Find The Details Inside >> The write-up shares details about the questions expected to ask in the Census 2021. Please check the information now.

The census in the United Kingdom takes place every ten years, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the census 2021 will take place online. The residents want to know the UK Census 2021 Questions before filing their application.   

The census 2021 will take place on the 21st of March, 2021. The application comprises multiple questions, and the 2021 census is divided into 51 different questions. Some of the questions are voluntary, while some are important and must be completed before the last date.

The census records all information about the population, and it helps in influencing the decisions made on vital things, including public services and healthcare. 

Table of Contents

UK Census 2021 Questions: When and How is it carried Out?

The census 2021 is scheduled for 21st March 2021, Sunday. The date only applies to Wales and the United Kingdom. Census in Scotland has been planned for 2022 because of the pandemic caused by Covid-19. The date for census application in Northern Ireland has not yet been announced. 

Census Act 1920 makes it obligatory for all residents to take part in the census. Usually, the census applications are filled offline, but things changed in 2021 due to the pandemic. The Census 2021 will be conducted online for the first time. 

The target is to complete 75% of the census online, while the remaining 25% would be completed offline using traditional methods. The households would receive unique codes and UK Census 2021 Questions by post, and they need to complete and return the census online.

When would the Census Results Get Declared?

The authorities focus on publishing the first set of the report within one year of conducting the census online. All the outputs are expected to get published within two years of filing the census.  

All UK residents must file their census online from their house’s comfort and get registered in the UK census 2021. It would help the government to influence the decision on public services and the healthcare system. 

What are the UK Census 2021 Questions?

The UK Census Questions are modified during every census as per the needs and demands of the time. It is expected that Census 2021 would have the same questions as the 2011 census. It would include relationships, employment, religion, and age. The questions are divided into 51 sections, including:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Sex
  • Marital status 
  • Legal registered civil partnership 
  • Alternative address where you are living for more than 30 days a year
  • Address
  • Schoolchild
  • Country of birth
  • Residency proof
  • Address proof of last year
  • Ethnic group
  • Religion
  • Main language 
  • Mother tongue
  • Origin of passport
  • General health
  • Health conditions, if any
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity
  • Veteran status          

These are some of the examples of UK Census 2021 Questions, and you can get the full list of the questions at the Office of National Statistics.   


The UK Census 2021 is about to start, and it is the first time it would happen online. The census 2021 would have 51 questions, of which some are voluntary and can be skipped.

Some of the questions have been modified, and they would refer to gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, and more. 

However, attempting all the questions are not necessary. 

Do you have anything to add about UK Census 2021 Questions? Please share it in the comment section below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *