Travelling to Mexico – Mexico is a great destination to go by yourself, with your family or friends. However, you should think about getting your visas beforehand to avoid unpleasant situations at the borders. Luckily, Mexico has visa abolition agreements with many nationals. Read the post to find out if your country is on the list, as well as how to apply if you need an entry permit.
What Countries Are Included in the Visa-Free Agreement
Citizens of the Schengen Area, the UK, Canada, the USA, and Japan don’t have to obtain a visa to enter. The same applies to foreigners who have a traveling permit to one of these countries. According to Mexico immigration laws, you only fall into this category if you also meet the following requirements:
- You won’t stay longer than 6 months
- You do not plan to work and earn money (it’s illegal)
- You go as a student, tourist, or businessman
Can I Cross the Border without Being Checked?
No, you can’t. But the procedure of letting you in is fast. You’ll only have to show:
- An international passport valid for at least 180 days
- Purchased return airline tickets (reservations are not acceptable)
- Proof of accommodation. It can be a booked hotel room or invitation letter if you plan to live with your friends.
- An FMM identification. It’s a tourist card that you can get at the airport. Fill it in, and don’t lose it while traveling
A tip: as you’re not allowed to use your phone during the check, print out all the documents in advance.
Getting a Mexican Visa: Where to Start
It’s not as time-consuming as many believe. The first thing to do is to prepare the necessary documents:
- Your passport (a copy and the original)
- A colored photo of 25x35mm
- Proof of financial solvency (statements from your company about your occupation and salary, bank account data, etc.)
- A filled-in visa form
Install the form from the official website of the Mexican Immigration office. It also has a complete list of required documents. Don’t forget to check it before completion.
Once everything is ready, head to the Mexican Embassy to submit the documents in person. You may also be asked to undergo an interview with the consular officer. Important: you should book an appointment before you go. Choose a convenient day and time.
Can My Application be Denied?
Yes, it can. If you have troubles with the law and are a threat to Mexican citizens, you may be denied an entry permit. The same applies if the consular officers are suspicious about the true purpose of the trip. For example, if you secretly plan to stay in Mexico or want to find a job there. An experienced specialist can detect such intentions.
Besides, modern technology is often at their service. Some Embassies monitor the applicants’ social networks. If you’re subscribed to communities that help with immigration or jobs, you may give yourself away.
But one of the most annoying reasons for denial or delays is the wrong photo format. Make sure it meets the necessary specifications. Or use online photo service for more reliable and quicker results.
A Photo from Home in 5 Minutes
These are the standard requirements that the image must meet:
- The size is 25x35mm
- Printed in color (a black-and-white format is unacceptable)
- A white background
- Your head is in the middle, with eyes focused on the camera
Some spend time and money on a commute to a photo studio. While others take the easy way and do everything from home by themselves. Use a professional tool that will do everything automatically. Here’s how it works:
- Take a shot with your smartphone. Do not edit it yourself in any way.
- Upload it to the visa photo service.
- Wait for the tool to process the image.
- Install the file.
The program crops the image, checks the compliance with the requirements and generates a perfect template and a digital picture. Print it out to attach to the application.
Do I Need Special Equipment for the Photo?
No, you don’t. Use your phone as a camera, windows as your source of light, and a wall as your background. The online service will improve areas that fail to comply with the requirements. As a result, the consular officer will have no questions regarding the image.
This is the basic stuff you should know about the Mexican visa. Most nationals don’t have to bother about applying beforehand. But even if you do need an entry permit, it’s easy to get. Follow these tips and get excited for a great stay in Mexico!
Also Read – picture.me roblox: Know About The Trending Website!