How To Get Refund From Paypal For Item Not Received? >> Have you ever had a bitter shopping experience at PayPal? Then know how to raise a dispute and get a refund in the below guide.
Have you ever used the PayPal service? Did anything go wrong while purchasing? Did you not received the item you have ordered? Or having a problem with a received item? These are common scams people come across while shopping online. If you have experienced any such incident, you must know how to solve it.
The post below helps you to know what are the problems people face while using PayPal service and How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received? So please stay tuned with us for more details.
About PayPal Gateway
PayPal is the United States origin company that operates payments system online in almost all the parts of the world that encourages online money transfers. It is an amazing digital alternative to the conventional currency.
In 2015, PayPal was spunned off to eBay shareholders that is when PayPal became an authorized independent company. In the 2019 Fortune 500, PayPal was at the rank 204th of the biggest U.S corporations considering with revenue.
My Order Never Arrived
When you have ordered something online, and you paid for it, but you never received the item. At the same time, if the merchant fails to provide proof of order shipment and delivery, you can surely open a dispute, and your chances of getting your refund are high.
Let us know how to open a dispute in the upcoming section; before that, let us see How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received?
My Order Arrived – But There is a Problem
This case is applicable if you have received the item, but there is some issue with the product, which includes:
- You have received a completely different item than what you have ordered.
- When you receive a damaged or broken item.
- You have ordered the item in bulk or in a specific quantity, but a few products or parts are missing.
- When the product claims it is new, but you have received a used item.
- When you receive a forged item instead of the original one.
Let’s check out how to file a dispute in both cases.
How to Request a Refund?
One can request for refund by posting the merchant an email. Request vendor to visit the Transaction Details and tap on “Issue refund.” This is possible within 180 days from the day of your transaction.
Want to know how to get seller information? Read below points:
- Refer to the contact us section to request a refund through an email.
- Or, on a Summary page, choose the transaction details to cancel.
Suppose your merchant doesn’t agree or accepts your request to refund the money you have paid, then you may raise a dispute in the Resolution Center; complete details is covered below. Please have a look at it.
How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received is the most asked question over the internet, so here are the useful tips.
How to Open A Dispute?
Suppose you have shopped the product from any one of PayPal retailers, go through simple steps to raise a dispute: Contacting your seller for any sort of issue is always a good decision:
- First thing you can do is “Login” to your PayPal account.
- Head to “Resolution Center” and hit on “Report a Claim” Open a dispute within 180 days of your purchase.
- Tap on “Dispute a Transaction.”
- Chose the reason for opening dispute:
- My order never arrived.
- My order was received, but there is some issue.
- I have a billing problem.
- Take care of disputes to be filed within 180 days from the date you have made the transaction; also, you and the vendor will have 20 days to resolve the issue.
- Resolution center is only accessible to the web browser and not on the PayPal Application.
We hope the post How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received, is helping you in one or the other way, so keep reading.
How Do I Claim a Refund Through PayPal?
PayPal has an amazing customer protection program to help them if the buyer has any issue like ordered item not received or received a wrong item, so that customer has hassle-free shopping experience. PayPal has many refund policies, but we are focusing on three major refund methods:
180-day Refund Policy:
- If the buyer has ordered something. And order not arrived received or wrong and damaged product received.
- It is possible to cancel it from your end itself by visiting the PayPal activity page.
- This method works when the transaction is still pending.
- One can file disputes against the PayPal scam within 180 days.
Purchase protection is best suited if merchants have scammed you through PayPal. But following conditions should get satisfied:
- Suppose the buyer has charged an extra amount for no reason.
- When customers receive the wrong or damaged item.
- Be aware of taking needed action within 60 to 180 days of shopping based on the mode of payment you opted for.
- This is the fastest and safest way to get a refund.
- Once you notice you have been forged, raise a chargeback and relax
- PayPal will understand that the particular customer is facing some issue and they enter.
- PayPal instantly freezes your account and the amount you claimed for until the problem is resolved.
How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received?
When you have not received the item, you have purchased, then it is necessary to have the following piece of proof:
Have Trackable Evidence of Delivery
When you open a dispute for an item not received, there is a great chance that PayPal may ask you for a piece of proof; if you fail to provide the required evidence, you may lose the case.
Therefore you should use tracking services for proof. The bar code provided in order detail tracks your item from where it started and its destination. This is not the only proof you need following are few pieces of evidence you may need to open a dispute.
- Have a tracking link that has all the details of the order journey.
- If available, provide the cardholder’s sign-on dispatch form.
- A signed contract or any proof that indicates you proffered the services.
- If available, have an identification copy given by the cardholder.
- The title details.
What If You Have Shopped Intangible Products?
Intangible products may not have a tracking system, but there are few alternative ways to in such case; try to add the following evidence:
- Activity logs that show the customer accessed the item or service.
- Provide valid IP address.
Have above proof of trackable Delivery and other required documents, and you are ready to open a dispute; procedure for the same is mentioned above in detail; please refer. You can check out more details about PayPal here.
PayPal refund policy is different for different cases; we have discussed few things here and elaborated more on How to Get Refund From Paypal for Item Not Received? Hope it is helpful to you.
The scam is common in the digital world, but one should know how to deal with and get justice for your hard-earned money.
What is your personal experience with PayPal? Please do share it with us in the comments section below. We are always happy to assist you and are ready to provide the solution, in case you have not received the refund. Also, here is you need to know everything about the PayPal scam.